Tuesday 1 April 2014

1st April 2014



Sonnet 120

I forgive you!  It's all forgiven now

I've felt all the bitterness I can feel,

Jealousy's taken her final bow,

Got back my nerves of brasse and hammered steele.

Despite the core of me being shaken

I still believe in Once Upon a Time

And not blaming me for choices taken:

Loving the sinner just hating his crime.

We came through our night of woe, remembered

How it feels to take all those vicious hits;

Get thrown back what kindness you tender'd,

With the knowledge your face no longer fits.

Fillies you're dating - they're No Win No Fee,

        April Fool!  (Not the one you played on me.)


Sonnet 121

Millions of Followers, yet not esteemed

Until foibles obliterate being,

Ridiculed; judged; dissected; not deemed

To have equivalence of self-seeing.

What eyes those eyes this small world has, what eyes

To hunt down celebs and scent their blood

Easily by drones - the moral mass spies

Dedicated to Ugly, Bad and Good.

Hounds bringing down white harts to levell

What's consumed for pleasure with who we owne:

This world's axis is in fact a bevel:

Sanity depends on what kids get shown.*

     Disgrace is meeja's birthright, we maintain

     (It's free-to-heir) this global platform's reign.


*"Smartphones risk turning children into criminals"

Daily Telegraph, Tuesday, April 1, 2014






No comments:

Post a Comment