Tuesday 8 April 2014

8th April, 2014



Sonnet 124

No, I don't want to see you laid out in state,

Proof of me now  unmothered and unfathered,

I love not feeling daughter kind of hate

Or like a weed left once the flower's been gathered.

Birth is better thought as Fate's accident -

Let stars decide what day your birthday falls;

Difficult now not to voice discontent:

 "She's the spit of me!" ( I still hear the  calls )

What's wrong with her?  Ungrateful Heriticke

Who willed away her mum's last breathing hours

Kissing my head ( body's too politic).

Weeds to flowers : re-use of old April showers:

    To this I witness call the fools of time,*

    Shared DNA's more infinite than crime.**

*  All of us, given that according to Shakespeare (and Einstein), time is subjective
** Prebiotic compounds may have extraterrestrial origin. NASA findings in 2011, based on studies with meteorites found on Earth, suggest DNA and RNA components (adenine, guanine and related organic molecules) may be formed in outer space.[91][92][93][94]

No comments:

Post a Comment